THE IRISH SHOWS ASSOCIATION
THE ALL IRELAND INTERMEDIATE YOUNG STOCKPERSON CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 13-17 YEARS OLD
Entry Fee: To Qualifying Show: €10 To Final: €15Event Date:19 Aug 2023
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. The Competition is open to girls and boys, age on the 1st September will determine the class each exhibitor enters.
2. One exhibitor qualifies from each qualifying show for the Final.
3. Animals can be of any Beef breed, male, or female (pedigree or non-pedigree beef) and must be leading.
4. An exhibitor can show an animal belonging to another herd owner.
5. Intermediate exhibitors will exhibit an animal male or female calf born on or after 1st January 2022.
6. Calf identity cards to be available for inspection on show day.
7. Exhibitors may be asked for proof of their age at the final.
8. No Entries will be accepted on the day of the Qualifying Show.
9. Previous 1st Place Winners are no longer eligible to enter this age category.
THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON CRITERIA, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. The ability to handle and present the animal to its best advantage in the Show Ring.
2. General knowledge about the animal itself, including its feeding, breeding, etc.
3. Stock Judging, the ability to judge and place a group of animals.
4. Personal presentation of stock person.
5. Presentation of the animal.